BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection (Commercial Horticulture)
- This BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection (Commercial Horticulture) course provides training and certification for sellers of agrochemicals and those giving advice on their use in commercial horticulture.
- The BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection has been established since 1978 to provide training and certification for sellers of agrochemicals and those giving advice on their use.
- The BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection has been approved by Ministers to meet the requirements of Schedule 2 of FEPA for certification for those involved in sale and supply of pesticides.
- This course is designed to help those involved with training people to meet this standard and provide guidelines to the subject areas which need to be covered to enable them to achieve a satisfactory level of competence.
- The commercial horticulture industry is seen as including glasshouse edible crops, flowers and bedding plants, fruit crops, vegetable crops and nursery stock.
- The crops will be used as a vehicle on which to put across the basic principles of crop protection.
- All staff employed in the field sales of agrochemicals and/or giving advice on their use must, under the Control of Pesticides (Amendment) Regulations 1997, have obtained a Certificate of Competence or exemption from it within three years of entering the Crop Protection industry
- Integrated Crop Management, Growth and Development of Crops and Commercial Production
- Recognition and Causes of Crop Disorders
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Weeds
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Pests
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Diseases
- Composition, Activity and Persistence of Crop Protection Chemicals and Biological Agents
- Application of Crop Protection Chemicals
- Safe Use, Handling, Transport and Storage of Crop Protection Chemicals
Refreshments at Growtrain:
- Refreshments and lunch are provided.
- Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any special dietary requirements
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Growtrain Ltd 8C PO20 2BX||09:00h – 16:00h||£2,995.00||
Growtrain Ltd 8C PO20 2BX
09:00h – 16:00h
£2,995.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 15 Places Available!
|Register Now » 15 Places Available!|