BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection IPM(Commercial Horticulture)
- This course provides training and certification for sellers of agrochemicals and those giving advice on their use in commercial horticulture.
- Approved by Ministers to meet the requirements of Schedule 2 of FEPA for certification for those involved in sale and supply of pesticides.
- The commercial horticulture industry is seen as including glasshouse edible crops, flowers and bedding plants, fruit crops, vegetable crops and nursery stock.
- The crops will be used as a vehicle on which to put across the basic principles of crop protection.
- All staff employed in the field sales of agrochemicals and/or giving advice on their use must, under the Control of Pesticides (Amendment) Regulations 1997, have obtained a Certificate of Competence or exemption from it within three years of entering the Crop Protection industry
- Minimum of two years experience in on-farm practical agronomy is recommended
- Integrated Crop Management, Growth and Development of Crops and Commercial Production
- Recognition and Causes of Crop Disorders
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Weeds
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Pests
- Recognition, Biology and Control of Diseases
- Composition, Activity and Persistence of Crop Protection Chemicals and Biological Agents
- Application of Crop Protection Chemicals
- Safe Use, Handling, Transport and Storage of Crop Protection Chemicals
- View Course Syllabus and Project Guide Lines
- Note project guide lines Page 10 - 14 in the syllabus
- Hover over the dates on the website to revile the individual dates
- Enrolment form
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Growtrain Ltd PO20 2BX||09:00h – 16:00h||£3,195.00||
Growtrain Ltd PO20 2BX
09:00h – 16:00h
£3,195.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 1 Place Available!
|Register Now » 1 Place Available!|