PASC Operating Automated Equipment for Applying Pesticide Unit 231
- Legislative and safety regulations relating to application equipment
- Environmental assessment factors relating to mixing and application
- Read and interpret product information
- Prepare and calibrate the automated/robotic equipment
- Operate the application equipment
- Carry out post-operational procedures
- Describe the legal requirements relating to applying pesticides using automated or robotic equipment.
- Describe how to apply pesticides safely using automated or robotic equipment following industry best practice.
- Identify risks to the environment.
- Explain how to minimise risks to the environment.
- Read product information & interpret product information
- Identify the components & controls on the equipment
- Carry out pre use checks to the prime mover.
- Carry out pre-use checks to the application equipment.
- Calibrate the application equipment and record relevant data.
- Measure the area to be treated.
- Calculate the area to be treated.
- Calculate the quantities of pesticide and water required for a specified area.
- Measure the required quantities and add to the applicator, or attach pesticide container.
- Demonstrate safe and accurate application procedures.
- Carry out all activities protecting human health and the environment.
- Complete a treatment record.
- Explain how to manage surplus pesticide and dispose of waste material.
- Explain how to clean and decontaminate the application equipment.
- Describe the storage requirements for the application equipment.