Safe Use of Ladders
This half day course is designed as a guidance for the Safe Use of Ladders, used by delegates regularly within the workplace. It is important that people are safe when using ladders and stepladders.
The training covers the Work at Height Regulations 2005 (WAHR).
Ladders and stepladders can be a sensible and practical option for low-risk, short-duration tasks. This course covers the use of the right type of ladder and to use it safely.
The course covers:
- When is a ladder the most suitable equipment
- Who can use a ladder at work
- Check your ladder and its condition before you use it
- Use your ladder safely
- The place of work where the ladder will be used
- Options for securing ladders
- Ladders used for access
Delegate, Equipment & PPE Requirements
As this course is delivered on site, it is important that the ladders used regularly within business, are available during this training.
- Safety Checks
- Setting up ladders and steps
- Safe use of ladders & steps
- Safety precautions