Pesticide and Agronomy Training Courses
Safe Use of Pesticide
In order to legally apply professional pesticides you must have a certificate of competence. Firstly you need to achieve The Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1), the foundation module and with our focused training we can help you do this.
You can complete The Safe Use of Pesticide PA1 in one day starting at 8:30 with the training and then whilst its all still fresh in your mind around 14:30 moving on to the online assessment after that you need to decide which application module is right for you.
A popular choice is application by hand held applicator such as a knapsack or back pack sprayer as they are sometimes known and this is often taken at the same time as the Safe Use of Pesticides (PA1). The PA6 is a one day training course with a 1.5hr assessment arranged for a separate day within 7 days of attending the training.
A great qualification to achieve in order to grow your career and one we highly recommend is the BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection Commercial Horticulture this has been a tremendous success and we are now running our 6th course led by Debbie Wedge.
As you know Horticulture has many areas of specialism and BASIS training brings together a vast amount of knowledge not only through the course but also the huge range of expertise from the delegates.
If you would like to learn more why not give us a call to discuss the training.
BASIS Advanced Quality of Soils Level 6. We are delighted to be one of the first training providers in the UK to be offering this new and currently very topical course. For those of you who are new to the subject why not do the BASIS Foundation Award – Soils Level 4 training course.
- Chemical Regulation Division
- Code of practice for using plant protection products
- The Plant Protection Product (Sustainable Use) Regulation 2012
- Guidance on storing pesticides for farmers and other professional users
- HSE Respirator Classification
- Pesticides Forum Report 2017
- The Voluntary Initiative
- What’s in Your Back Yard? (WIYBY)
- Safe Use of Pesticides PA1
- PA2 Self Propelled Boom
- PA2 Downward Air Assist
- PA3 Broadcast Air Assistance
- PA3 Var Boom with Air Assist
- PA4G Trail Granular Applicator
- PA4S Mount, Trail, Slug Pellet
- PA6 Hand Held Applicator
- PA6AW Handheld near Water
- PA9 Application by Mist
- PA9 Application by Fog
- PASC Automated Equipment
- Pesticides Update
- PA1 & PA6 Refresher