BASIS Foundation Award - Soils Level 4
- This course explains why it is important to have healthy and resilient agricultural soil - how essential this is in respect of sustainability for farmers to ensure good crop yields and farm profitability.
- A well functioning range of soil organisms is essential to process the organic matter content of soils and its structure.
- This course will equip growers and farms with knowledge and skills that are essential to manage their soils for the benefit of their farm's business and the environment.
- The course is delivered on line in 8 x 3 hour sessions to a max cohort of 5 delegates. Mikes and video on to keep the course interactive.
- Introduction to soil
- Physical properties of soil
- Chemical properties of soil
- Soil biology & soil life
- Organic matter and the carbon cycle
- Soil management & remediation practices