Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting NPTC Accredited Course Units 201 and 202
- The Chainsaw Maintenance & Crosscutting is a 2 day course with an independent assessment following completion of this course.
- This course aims to allow current and potential chainsaw operators to gain the industry-wide NPTC accreditation confirming safety and competence.
Delegate, Equipment & PPE Requirements
- A good understanding and use of English is required for both training and assessment
- On site delivery - (Site & Equipment compliant to Health & Safety standards)
- Day 1 classroom based,then move to a workshop.
- Day 2, time spent logging up a tree.Please have available 24 x 2 metre x 30/45cm lengths of time (or equivalent).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Safety helmet (complying with EN 397)
- Eye protection (mesh visor complying with EN 1731 or safety glasses to EN 166)
- Hearing protection (complying with EN 352)
- Leg protection* incorporating chain clogging materials (complying with EN 381-5)
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep
- (complying with EN 345-2)
- *These items should carry the chainsaw logo
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.
- Gloves* with protective guarding on the back of the left hand (complying with EN 381-7)
- Chainsaw (maximum guide bar length 15″)
- Bio-degradable Oil
- Toolkit with appropriate chain sharpening kit
- Personal first aid kit
- Current Health & Safety legislation and industry good practice
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Chainsaw Maintenance
- Carry out operational chainsaw and cutting system checks
- Cross-cut timber using a chainsaw
- Grading, moving and stacking timber
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Stubbs Copse, Arundel, BN18 9PL||09:00h – 16:00h||£425.00||
Stubbs Copse, Arundel, BN18 9PL
09:00h – 16:00h
£425.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » 1 Place Available!
|Register Now » 1 Place Available!|