Use of Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform Independent Assessment Unit 311
- The Use of a Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform is a 1 day NPTC accredited course followed by an independent assessment on completion of the training.
- This course allows current chainsaw operators to be trained and assessed, confirming their safety and competency in the use of a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform - MEWP.
- This course also covers the relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice.
Delegate, Equipment & PPE Requirements
- Top or rear handled chainsaw (maximum guide bar length 18″)
- Bio-degradable Oil
- Pulling rope
- Personal first aid kit
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Safety helmet (complying with EN 397)
- Eye protection (mesh visor EN1731) or Safety Glasses (EN 166)
- Hearing protection (EN 352)
- Gloves* with protective guarding on the back of the left hand (EN 381-7)
- Leg protection* incorporating chain clogging materials (EN 381-5)
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- * These items should carry the chainsaw logo
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.
- Relevant Health & Safety and industry good practice
- Set up and operate a MEWP
- Deal with emergency situations affecting operators working from a MEWP
- Understand how to operate a chainsaw from a MEWP
- Prepare a MEWP for transport