Equality, Diversity & Human Rights Management
- The Equality, Diversity & Human Rights course is a 1 day course, promoting the benefits of equality and diversity, giving an overview of legislation, (Human Rights Act - Equality Act 2010), and its impact on individuals, their roles and that of the organisation within a legal framework.
- Fairness in the workplace is a vital part of a successful business. A better understanding of equality and diversity helps to improve equal job opportunities and fairness for employees and job applicants.
- Correct policies and procedures can encourage the motivation and retention of staff, help prevent discrimination, reduce costs associated with complaints, disciplinary action and employment tribunal claims.
- What is meant by 'human rights’
- Outline business case for diversity within an organisation and the benefits
- State some of the causes of behaviours and attitudes that demonstrate inequality
- Recognise employment legislation, employer and individual responsibilities
- Initiate an audit of current provisions within an organisation - creating an action plan to move this forward
- Describe methods of moving an organisation's culture to inclusion