Equality, Diversity & Human Rights Management
- The course promotes the benefits of equality and diversity, giving an overview of legislation, (Human Rights Act - Equality Act 2010), and its impact on individuals, their roles and that of the organisation within a legal framework.
- Fairness in the workplace is a vital part of a successful business.
- A better understanding of equality and diversity helps to improve equal job opportunities and fairness for employees and job applicants.
- Correct policies and procedures can encourage the motivation and retention of staff, help prevent discrimination, reduce costs associated with complaints, disciplinary action and employment tribunal claims.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases
- List strategies for removing barriers.
- Use active listening skills to receive messages
- Understand the importance of body language
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints, and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyze the situation, and take appropriate resolution action