First Aid at Work Re-Qualifier
- The First Aid at Work Re-Qualifier course is a 2 day course, suitable for the allocated workplace First Aider whose current certificate is due to expire.
- The qualification is assessed via an on-going and written questioning and practical demonstration.
- The certificate is valid for a further three years.
- The HSE regulations state that all delegates undertaking this course must be in possession of their First Aid at Work qualification. It must not have expired beyond 28 days of the expiry date as shown on their First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- The respiratory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Dealing with minor injuries
- The human skeleton
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Chest injuries
- Dealing with minor illness
- Other injuries