Safe Moving and Handling Level 2
- A 1 day accredited course, providing effective means to ensure that employees are aware of their responsibilities and understand the principles of the safe moving and lifting of loads.
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations do not set any weight limits for lifting and carrying loads
- Amendments in 2002 now require employees to have adequate or appropriate knowledge or training in order to make assessments to judge whether safe moving is possible.
- The regulations apply to almost all work environments, from offices to care homes and factories.
- Different risks are associated with different sectors - this regulated qualification offers learning outcomes which are suitable for all.
- Delegates receive a certificate for successfully completing this course.
- Please notify us of any delegate disability or additional needs which may require reasonable adjustments.
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessment contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- Practical Assessment.