Telehandler Licence Refresher ITSSAR
- This 1 day fully accredited ITSSAR approved Rough Terrain course is delivered on client sites using their truck.
- This ITSSAR approved course provides refresher training for individuals who have already completed their Rough Terrain training and have a current appropriately certificate to operate industrial Rough Terrain vehicles.
- For ITSSAR Categories: J1 (Masted lift truck), J2 (Variable reach/telescopic up to 9m lift, 2 or 4 wheel steer/articulate), J3 (Telescopic above 9m lift 2 or 4 wheel steer/articulated), J6 (Variable reach/telescopic, rotating turret under 9m lift 2 or 4 wheel steer), J7 (Variable reach/telescopic, rotating turret over 9m lift 2 or 4 wheel steer), J8 (Articulated).
- Regular refresher training will ensure operators:
- Maintain good driving habits
- Learn new skills where appropriate
- Reassess their abilities
- Refresher training or retesting might also be appropriate where operators have not used trucks for some time
- Are occasional users
- Appear to have developed unsafe working practices
- Have had an accident or near miss
- Have changed their working practices or environment
- NOTE: It is recommended by the HSE that refresher training take place after a set period of time (eg 3-5 years) to make sure employees stay competent (HSE Lift-truck training – Advice for employers).
- Undertake daily checks pre-use
- Driving a fork lift truck in an efficient and safe manner
- Training in loading and unloading the fork lift truck
- Training in stacking and de-stacking the fork lift truck
- Know and apply the Operator’s Safety Code
- Understand legal responsibilities
- Theoretical test
- Practical test