- The course is delivered at client's site
- This course will teach the delegate the important skills needed to drive a tractor & trailer safely both in work place and on the road.
- The course can be tailored towards the complete novice or more experienced tractor driver, and course contents varied accordingly.
- A review of the legislation regarding tractor driving
- Safe driving techniques
- Daily maintenance and pre-start checks
- Identification of controls on the tractor
- Safe starting procedures
- Brake safety
- Safe attachment of a trailer
- Correct practice for loading a trailer and securing the load
- Safe practical driving
- Safe parking
- Post operational checks
- You are required to provide your own Tools & Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this training course.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times, including appropriate clothing, high visability, preferably overalls should be available, and in case of poor weather conditions, waterproof clothing.
- It is also important that sensible safety footwear is worn when driving a tractor.
- Please note that the training site and equipment is compliant with Health and Safety standards.