Wood Chipper NPTC Integrated Assessment Unit 222
- The WoodChipper course is an integrated 1 day course - full assessment is included at the end of the day to achieve the NPTC accreditation.
- This course covers the use of manually fed wood chippers, (including tracker chippers), including pre-use checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments, operating the machine to chip material appropriate to the capacity of the machine, and hitching and unhitching of the machine.
- Identify, inspect and comment on key parts of the machine
- Prepare the machine for transportation
- Prepare the machine for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment
- Carry out routine maintenance on the machine
- Operate the machine safely and competently without risk to themselves, others and the environment
- Follow the correct procedure to adjust chip size
- Deal with blockages
- Maintain cutting systems as per manufacturer’s instructions