Certificate of Competence in Manually Fed Woodchipper Operations
Certificate of Competence in Woodchippers
This 1 day Certificate of Competence in Woodchippers training course is aimed at those who use wood chippers as part of their work, either in horticulture, arboriculture or forestry.
This covers the use of manually fed wood chippers, (including tracked chippers), covering pre-use checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments, operating the machine to chip material appropriate to the capacity of the machine, and hitching and unhitching of the machine.
Certificate of competence awarded to delegates who achieve the required level of competence and successfully complete a practical test with one to one verbal questioning.
- Identify, inspect and comment on key parts of the machine
- Prepare the machine for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the machine
- Operate the machine safely and competently without risk to themselves, others and the environment
- Follow the correct procedure to adjust chip size
- Deal with blockages
- Maintain cutting systems as per manufacturer’s instructions
- Prepare the machine for transportation
Course Content & Requirement pdf:Download
Please see below links to:
We can deliver on-site and bespoke training packages to meet your business needs.
For further information contact:
Kelly, Nina or Graham on 01243 216278